Having the right IT professionals in place is becoming a top priority for every business. However, identifying and recruiting top notch talent in the IT channel is not easy for any company and the latest numbers show that it is getting pricey.
Recently, Computerworld examined several surveys that covered potential salaries for technology professionals. The most prominent was released by an IT staffing firm. The company complied a list of nearly 4,000 placements so far this year that includes pay rate, yearly increases and regional breakdowns.
On average, salaries for IT jobs increased between 3 percent to 5 percent, depending on the role. On top of that, the use of contract and temporary professionals instead of full-time workers is also increasing as 48 percent of hiring managers indicated that they plan to add contract employees instead of permanent staff over the next 12 to 18 months.
Here are the top paying IT positions — with figures based on pay rate of different cities — according to the study include:
- CIO/CTO: $150,000-$230,000
- Chief Security Officer: $135,000-$200,000
- Application Architect: $130,000-$170,000
- VP, Information Technology: $130,000-$165,000
- Director, Information Technology: $125,000-$165,000
- Network Architect: $125,000-$150,000
- VP, Engineering: $120,000-$165,000
- VP, Infrastructure: $120,000-$165,000
- IS Security Manager: $120,000-$160,000
- MySQL DBA: $120,000-$130,000.
Hiring the wrong professional can be a disaster, especially when companies are investing this much money into them. This adds to the already high pressure that comes with finding impactful technology talent. With the help of VAR Staffing, VARs and MSPs can identify and recruit top quality professionals who will make a real difference in how they handle business and the latest technology.