Our client is a growing Managed Service Provider based in Elkridge, MD, and they are seeking to add an accomplished Project Engineer to their awesome team.
The Project Engineer will serve as one of our most highly skilled technicians and architects. They will also serve as an escalation point for our Managed Services Team, providing remote IT support to our clients.
Knowledge, Skill and/or Abilities Required:
- Design, build, configure, and troubleshoot the following:
- SonicWALL Firewalls
- SonicWALL Security Appliances
- Switching (Layer 3, QoS, ACL’s, routing, VLAN’s)
- Multi-host virtual environments with shared storage built on both VMware and Hyper-V
- Microsoft solutions including Server OS, Office 365, Remote Desktop Services, etc.
- Cloud and local disaster recovery solutions.
- Network rack cabling and design.
- System documentation to include system reviews and recommendations.
- Familiar with security technologies and best practices like 2 factor authentication, SSL Certificates, A/V, 802.11x, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (both written and verbal), active listening, and critical thinking skills.
- Advanced understanding of server operating systems, cloud solutions, and/or network technologies.
- Outstanding troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-moving environment.
- Capacity to properly document all service ticket activities and changes to client environment.
- Time-tracking and thorough documentation required
Preferred Education and Experience
- 5+ years of IT experience, with 3+ years in a senior support role. Ideally experienced in a Managed Services environment.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent technical experience related to the design, installation, and maintenance of network systems.
- Requires strong analytical skills and effective interpersonal and communication skills to interact with a wide range of users having different levels of computer expertise.
- Robust benefits plan including health, vision, dental, 401k, and other benefits.
- On the job training, support, and mentoring.
- Fun working environment and culture.
- Great opportunity for advancement.