The purpose of the Sales Engineer position is to provide sales assistance to the Sales Team concerning the technical knowledge of products and services. The Sales Engineer also acts as a liaison between the Sales Team and other departments within the company, such as the Service Desk or Field Technicians.
Sales Support Responsibilities:
- Assist the Sales Representatives with technical knowledge pertaining to the products and services offered by the company.
- Provide pre-sales technical assistance and product education to the Sales Team, customers, and prospects.
- Provide technical specifications for a quote or proposal and prepare accompanying materials.
- Perform onsite walk-thru's with Sales Representatives at customer sites in order to develop a solution.
- Assist in the preparation of RFP responses
- Interpret customer requirements; speak with customers or prospects to understand their needs and relay this information to the Sales Representative.
- Perform technical presentations that demonstrates how products and services can benefit and meet customer or prospect needs.
- Serve as liaison with other departments in the company to gather technical expertise for supporting the Sales Team.
- Support marketing activities by attending trade shows, conferences, and other related events.
- Maintain in-depth product knowledge of the service offerings of the company.
- Perform sales procedures and opportunities in Tigerpaw CRM and remain compliant with defined policies and procedures.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attend weekly sales meetings and ensure sales opportunities are compliant with company policy.
- Assist with sales projects and provide cross functional assistance to other departments when needed.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the service catalog and how it relates to customer’s needs.
- Document internal processes and procedures related to duties and responsibilities.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required:
- Technical background, with previous experience in a technical role.
- Data Networking and telephony (VoIP) background a must.
- Proven track record in sales and knowledge of technology.
- Enjoy working with customers and external audiences.
- Proficient with general office applications.
- Strong organizational, presentation, and customer service skills.
- Skill in preparing written communications and materials.
- Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly.
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate data entry.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-moving environment.
- Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications.
- Performance based incentives
- Medical, Dental and Disability insurance included
- Company 401K plan
- Fast growing company