Our client has an immediate opening for a Remote Tier 2 Network Engineer. This full-time position is responsible for the network/systems operations for their customers in a variety of environments. Responsibilities would include maintenance and configuration of existing systems as well as the implementation and integration of new systems and technology. The ideal candidate is very detail oriented, is comfortable with new, dynamic environments, and is able to multi-task – work on multiple projects. This candidate has excellent customer service and interaction skills, and is a self-starter who can work with minimal supervision. This candidate will benefit from working with Tier III Engineers who will guide on small projects and more complex technologies. Candidate should work well in a team environment and be persistent with follow-up on issues.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Proven hands-on experience in a medium to large scale network environment
- 3-4 years of Systems Administration experience
- Experience with virtual platforms is highly preferred (VMware, Hyper-V)
- Server hardware familiarity is required with solid understanding of internal components
- Experience with Installation, Configuration, and Administration of one or more of the following:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008/2008 R2/2012/2012 R2/2016
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Networking switching (Cisco, Dell, HP)
- SonicWALL NSA/TZ
- Solid understanding of networking fundamentals and demonstrated experience is a must (Network+ or alternative is preferable)
- Basic understanding of Backup / Data Protection principles / technologies is a plus
- Familiarity with hosted security products (OpenDNS, Webroot, etc…) is ideal
- Ideal candidate will be familiar with the Dell stack of infrastructure technologies (i.e. PowerEdge, PowerVault, PowerConnect, and Force10)
- Familiarization with Private/Public Cloud concepts a plus (e.g. Microsoft O365, Azure)
- Ability to assist in planning a project, and execute according to plan
- Excellent communications skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to take ownership of projects from start to completion, with occasional assistance from Tier III Engineers.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem resolution skills.
- Excellent time management skills
- All Engineers perform networking and data center infrastructure activities for a variety of clients.
- All Engineers interact with customers and must have excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Must have the ability to work on multiple projects / tickets.
- Perform capacity planning activities based on trending tools and monitoring systems.
- Perform system and equipment upgrades as needed.
- Support networking needs of IT and practice environments as requested by upper-level engineers
- Provide on-call services after normal business hours when needed.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs. and manipulate small objects (IE – screws and small buttons on servers and other equipment).
- Due to the nature of remote work, all Engineers must be able to interact via telephone and web-based / virtual audio and video technologies.
- Due to the nature of external client interactions, all Engineers must speak fluent English
- Due to the nature of the work, and travel requirements, applicants must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
- All employees must pass a Background Check and Drug Test
As it relates to services specifically, our client is best described as an “Escalation Services” provider. Differing from the typical small IT Consulting MSP or IT Service Provider, they are focused and skilled on high-end technology solutions. They primarily work with companies that have IT staff or complement outside smaller MSPs as their “escalation point.” Their niche is leveraging Tiers 1-3 Engineers that are best of breed in their skill sets and are focused on implementing cutting edge technologies in unique environments for their customers.