responsible for providing project leadership and remote/in-house support to our clients for a variety of technology related issues using Remote Desktop technologies, over the phone or via email. It is
essential for the Technical Support Engineer to deliver excellent technical support and customer-care services during each and every interaction. Therefore a proven track record for providing exceptional
customer service is required.
The Technical Support Engineer is responsible for providing on-going support of various server, networking, desktop, printer and peripheral issues as needed by the client. This work is initiated in-house, remote or via phone support. This position is responsible for the design, development, implementation and analysis of technical products and systems, including documentation and training of users. This position takes a role in network projects, server projects and on-boarding new customers to ensure that the clients' needs are consistently being met.
- First/Secondary contact for service request whether initiated by phone, email or automated process. Will handle tickets escalated from Tier 1 support.
- Works with and assists Technical Support Engineers by providing computer software and hardware support for various clients in-house, remotely, via phone support, as it relates to desktops, printers and peripherals. Advanced server maintenance and support.
- Provides training to clients over the phone on how to use new or modified equipment, to maximize the value the client receives from our service and the technologies they purchase.
- Prepares work product documentation, checklists, training materials and standard documents to ensure a high-quality of service delivery.
- Thoroughly tests all work, and ensures that the client's business systems are fully functional and meet the client's business needs.
- Identifies areas for product improvement or needs for new products and submits information to the manager. This includes searching out new opportunities with existing or new clients or internally.
- Fosters and maintains professional relationships with clients and fellow workers to meet or exceed our expected customer service commitment.
- Continually improves technology and professional skills. Adapts and quickly learns new technologies and products.
- Contacts vendors for technical support and parts procurement both electronically and by telephone.
- Schedules and coordinates appointments with vendors and customers.
- Participate in rotating on-call schedule
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; Strong interpersonal skills and customer service orientation
- Works collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit of cooperation.
- Highly motivated self-starter who constantly strives to be an expert in the field
- Takes ownership of issues
- Logical and efficient, with keen attention to detail, accuracy, and follow-up
- “Grit”- Candidate must embody perseverance and resourcefulness when faced with challenges
Applications – Microsoft Office
Operating Systems – Windows/Mac Desktops and Servers, Android/IOS Mobile
Cloud Solutions – Office 365, Azure
Virtualization – VMWare, Hyper-V
On Premise Solutions – MS Exchange, Active Directory, Remote Desktop Services, DHCP, DNS
Networking – Firewall, Switching, Wireless, VLAN, VOIP
- Four-year college degree or Associate's degree in related field; 2-3 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A+ and Network + certifications preferred.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license with no restrictions and possess reliable transportation
- Ability to lift standard computer equipment (PC’s, printers and monitors)