There is a certain level of expertise that is required for successful implementation of technology new to the IT channel, however, not every business has access to these skills in-house. This is where quality VARs and MSPs come into play and become valuable resources.
In a recent guest blog post from MSPmentor by Mike Cullen, he makes the case that there will be five drivers pushing change for solution providers in 2014. For MSPs to be successful, they will need to get behind these changes early. They include:
- New competitors and convergence – With IT demand rising, the market for solution providers will become more competitive, so be ready to battle for business.
- Rapid commoditization – With more competition, companies will start productizing and commoditizing, so having a strong plan for efficiency is key.
- Mobility matters more – Mobile device functionality has improved, making them more appealing to businesses.
- Cloud is here to stay – Cloud infrastructure has moved beyond the hype and has become the backbone of many IT solutions.
- IT anywhere is a reality – Because of mobility and the cloud, it is possible for IT services to be accessed anywhere.
"These five drivers of change are creating a perfect storm of disruption for MSPs. If you are thinking it's going to be 'business as usual' in 2014, you are likely in for a big surprise," Cullen wrote. "If you keep an eye on the above in the year ahead, change will be good for your MSP practice. By staying ahead of the key drivers shaping the market, your business may even have a breakout year."
Demand for quality MSPs and VARs is on the rise. To rise to the top, VAR Staffing helps solution providers identify and recruit impactful talent.