Recently, VAR Staffing released an infographic that examined the top five attributes of a technical engineer in the IT channel. These are what businesses need to focus on when they are looking to hiring or are auditing their current employees. They include:
- Independent – This is someone who is a responsible self-starter. They have excellent oral, written and presentation skills and are able to run with a project and serve as the lead resource in getting the job done.
- Broad technical skill set – Not only does this include having the right certificates that meet current systems, but also having a passionate and deep understanding of as many technologies as possible. This also includes a strong will and desire to learn how to apply new technologies, whether onsite or through remote means.
- Outstanding customer service skills – It is important to answer simple and complicated questions with the same patient style, professionals also need effective communication skills including eye contact, clear speaking and politeness, which adds to being an effective communicator for selling and presenting ideas to customers and other employees.
- Entrepreneurial spirit – Professionals need to be able to identify potential new business opportunities, not be intimidated by new challenges and have a willingness to work additional hours when necessary.
- Attention to detail – The right worker can design, write and maintain system documentation and network diagrams, complete tasks in a timely manner and follow-up on all of these activities.
VAR Staffing helps technology solution providers identify and recruit the impactful talent that they need to meet today’ challenges.