Much has been written and studies abound in the quest to identify those characteristics that make a good employee your “best” employee. While there will always be differences of opinion, there are common traits that cross all roles and functions.
Desired traits in a “Best Employee” are also common across generational workforces. Early identification of these traits in existing or new employees substantially improves a firm’s ability to succeed in today’s highly competitive and rapidly evolving VAR / MSP community.
Here are 10 Top Desired Attributes of a “Best Employee”:
- They most likely have a “Will Do” vs. just a “Can Do” attitude. They get the job done.
- Agile – they can respond to changing workplace needs and are typically willing to do more than requested.
- They are strongly detail oriented, but not necessarily a perfectionist.
- Most likely hold their own reputation above the reputation of the company they work for. They strive to be the best they can be regardless of who employees them.
- Not only are they willing to learn, they desire to learn.
- They are confident but not arrogant, and typically modest when it comes to acknowledging their accomplishments.
- They will make a mistake, recover, and do not make excuses for the mistake. They learn from their mistake.
- They think before taking action – some may be a bit slower to start a task, but typically they are quicker to finish correctly.
- They have a positive influence on others based on how they behave – and many times end up as an unofficial mentor to others.
- They are honest and have high personal integrity.
We wish you great success navigating the always challenging task of hiring talented staff. If increasing your staff or upgrading the quality of technical resources is on your strategic list of goals to accomplish, VAR Staffing welcomes the opportunity to discuss your needs. Call us at 972-996-0966, or email Ashley at Awilliamson@VARstaffing.com