Our client is a best-in-class IT Managed Service Provider in the Washington D.C. area. They are looking to add an accomplished Helpdesk Engineer to their expanding team.
The Helpdesk Technician fields all Helpdesk calls and emails from clients and creates the initial service ticket of the client’s request or problem; resolves all first level end-user problems over the phone, via email, or chat; escalates complex problems to the next level of support for guidance and direction; contacts third-party vendors for warranty service repair and dispatch; and dispatches appropriate resources for problems that cannot be resolved remotely.
Deliver technical customer support over the phone, or via email or chat, in a call center environment; identify, troubleshoot and resolve a wide range of technical computer-related problems; identify, evaluate and solve end-user workstation problems; support and train end-users in a wide range of software applications as needed; read, understand and apply complex technical information; master new computer technology; maintain cooperative working relationships; demonstrate sensitivity to, and respect for, a diverse population.
3+ years providing end-user phone support for current PC desktop and application software OR one year installing, upgrading, troubleshooting and repairing personal computers in a network environment.
- Identifies, diagnoses, and resolves first level problems for end-users of the workstations, laptops, remote sessions, end-user software and hardware, the Internet, and new computer technology in a call center environment; communicates solutions to end-users effectively.
- Provides one-on-one end-user problem resolution over the phone (or via email or chat) for client (PC) software and connectivity.
- Sets up, and assists in the configuration of end-user PC desktop hardware, software and peripherals, both onsite and remotely.
- Diagnoses and resolves end-user network or local printer problems, PC hardware problems; basic e-mail, Internet, VPN, and local-area network access problems.
- Coordinates timely repair of PC computer equipment covered by third-party vendor maintenance agreements.
- Performs minor desktop hardware repair for PC computer equipment and peripherals that are not covered by third-party vendor maintenance agreements as needed.
- Acts as remote hands for engineering staff onsite as needed.
- Escalates challenging issues in a timely manner.
- Provides assistance to escalation staff with problem research and documentation.