Our client is seeking an experienced Senior Systems Engineer to support customers in the greater Baltimore / Washington DC area.
The Managed Services team provides information technology support and managed services for businesses and institutions across a number of industries covering a wide range of operating environments.
Core competencies include disaster recovery planning, risk mitigation, technology budgeting and forecasting, and compliance. Our senior engineers are part of a team which designs, installs, and supports solutions built on established, trusted technologies.
Description of Duties:
The Senior Services Engineer will assist with design and implementation of solutions, and provide ongoing operational support for customers’ information systems with onsite requirements.
The engineer will also be required to assist with our Support Desk tickets. This candidate will report to the head of the Managed Services team and work alongside other systems engineers and Support desk staff. This is a client-facing position and excellent communication skills are essential.
- Provide timely and competent response to technology support requests
- Provide quality desktop, server, and network-level support
- Communicate technical information effectively to clients and internal management
- Configure LAN and WAN topologies, server staging, and deployment
- Provide Tier 2 or Tier 3 Support Desk support
Required Technical Skills:
- Minimum of a two-year degree preferably with emphasis on information systems or technology management (Or the equivalent combination of experience and training)
- Five years of experience in technical customer support
- Excellent communication skills
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience performing systems and network troubleshooting
- Extensive knowledge of workstation operating systems, applications, networks and networking technologies, as well as technology management tools
- Expert knowledge of server operating systems, e-mail systems, network security
- Office 365 expertise
- Azure expertise
- Extensive experience working with and knowledge of products provided by leading technology providers, e.g. Microsoft, HP, Dell, SonicWall, Datto, eFolder,
- Managed services experience, e.g. Labtech, Kaseya
Vendor certifications, e.g. MCSE, CCNA, CSSA