Our Bethesda-based client is seeking to grow their technical team to keep pace with their steady growth. They are a provider of fixed-price IT support to small and mid-size businesses in the DC metro area. The company is looking for highly motivated individuals with the ability to effectively communicate with both internal staff and clients. Candidates must also possess strong information technology background and knowledge.
The Technical Support Specialist (TSS) role within the Support Services group will be responsible for ensuring all client-facing customer support requests are resolved in a complete, correct and timely manner. The ideal TSS should be able to take ownership of any support request and either take direct action to resolve any problems or engage the correct internal or external resources to resolve the issue. The TSS should be proactive in identifying areas where more junior staff members are struggling and should be available to train new and more junior staff on a regular basis. In addition to handling escalations, the TSS will assist with network and server monitoring to ensure maximum up-time for all clients. The TSS will also participate in documentation review for new clients to ensure standards are met for the Support Services group.
Preferred Experience Background
Our ideal Technical Support Specialist will have 2+ years of prior experience working for an MSP or onsite as support staff for a small business. Our ideal team members will strive to provide a high level of customer service and possess exceptional communication skills.
All areas of responsibility listed below are essential to the satisfactory performance of this position. Any non-essential functions are assumed to be included in "other related organizational and logistical duties as may be reasonably assigned":
· Provide on-site and remote desktop support for end users
· Answer phone calls and respond to tickets
· Respond to client system outages
· Coordinate on-site visits as needed for system troubleshooting and new system setup
· Update client documentation when needed
· Attend Individual and team supervision meetings
· Time Tracking
· Respond to client and corporate email within established time frame
· Participate in training and development
· Maintain top level customer service
· Collaborate with Managed Services and Implementation Services teams to ensure maximum effectiveness when troubleshooting
· Ensure that standard procedures are followed for troubleshooting and triage of all client technical issues
· Provide regular status updates to Director and team members
· Communicate effectively within the organization and with clients in both verbal and written communications
· Participate in on-call rotation
The position requires extensive experience working with:
- Windows XP/Vista/7/8 installation, support, and troubleshooting
- Windows Server installation, support, and administration (2003/2008/2012)
- Windows Active Directory design, deployment, and administration
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2003/2007/2010/2013 – Administration, deployment, and migration
- Managed antivirus solutions
- Enterprise backup solutions
- TCP/IP network design and troubleshooting
- Configuration, deployment, and support of network routers, switches, wireless access points, and firewalls
- Microsoft Office – Basic use, installation, and troubleshooting (including Project and Visio)
- Virtualization Technologies (Hyper-V and VMWare)
- Web hosting, DNS, and SSL certificates
- Linux installation, support, and administration is a plus
- Mac OS installation, support, and troubleshooting is a plus
Education and Certifications (Preferred, Not Required)
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Systems, or other related disciplines
· Certifications: CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+, MCSE, VMware
Additionally Must Possess
As Technical Support Specialist, you will interact extensively (both over the phone and in person) with end-users that possess a wide range of technical knowledge. As such, you will need to possess strong analytical skills, excellent interpersonal skills, ability to design workable solutions to problems in a timely manner, the ability to travel to client sites (local travel only) and a strong customer service ethic.
You may be responsible for, and candidates should be able to perform light physical work. Examples would include things such as lifting, moving, and relocating computers or other information technology infrastructure within an office or data center facility.
Our partner IT is an Equal Opportunity Employer